Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:04:49 +0300
From:      Mike Makonnen <mtm@wubethiopia.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   stalled connections on recent -current

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has seen stalled connections to cvsup servers
recently. I've tried updating my mirror from several different cvsup
servers, but the connection always stalls sometime in the middle of the
update process and eventually fails with the following message in my
cvsup log file: TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection timed out

This is what netstat -f inet looks like during the stall:

mtm@rogue ~% netstat -f inet
Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address       (state)
tcp4       0  32544 192.168.0.98.32829     sanmateo.ecn.pur.cvsup
ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0      0 192.168.0.98.22775     xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .ssh
ESTABLISHED

This started happening after I upgraded the system (which was a couple
of months old) to one from around July 16th. Unfortunately I don't have
the old kernel to confirm that this is indeed a kernel bug.

Any suggestions as to how to debug this?

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen       | GPG-KEY: http://people.freebsd.org/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm @ FreeBSD.Org   | AC7B 5672 2D11 F4D0 EBF8  5279 5359 2B82 7CD4 1F55