Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 08:06:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 problem

> Guess what the problem was.
>
> Dead SIMM.

I've been there.  Actually folks... for those out there who've been trying
to help me with my problems since I went to the 486...

Looks like the problem's been in the SCSI subsystem all along.

I put in an IDE 500 meg drive and loaded FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 -- made world
and all is happy.

I just added my SCSI tape, CD and first disk -- and all still looks good.
Looks like the problem (intemittant as hell) was something in the
termination/terminator power area with the HP 97536's.

I'm trying to get the docs on the drive jumpers -- HP's no help.

But meanwhile -- I'm looking to work on getting 2.0.5 up as soon as
I get a copy downloaded... (or my CD arrives.)

Thanks again for all your help.

Bill
 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil