Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:41:25 -0600
From:      "Mike Loiterman" <mike@ascendency.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Apache built correctly?

=20

On Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:31 AM lowell@be-well.no-ip.com =
<mailto:lowell@be-well.no-ip.com> wrote:

> "Mike Loiterman" <mike@ascendency.net> writes:
>=20
>> On Tuesday, February 04, 2003 9:11 AM lowell@be-well.no-ip.com
>> <mailto:lowell@be-well.no-ip.com> wrote:=20
>>=20
>>> "Mike Loiterman" <mike@ascendency.net> writes:
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> What does "doesn't appear to answer" mean?  The fact that you can
>>> telnet in tells you that it isn't a network-layer issue.  Did you
>>> try a legitimate HTTP request?
>>=20
>> Well I telnet to 80 and it just says refused:
>>=20
>> [02:22:47 root@little_boy: /etc/mail]# telnet localhost 80 Trying
>> 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
>=20
> Ah.  So you *can't* telnet into port 80.  That's different.
> Use sockstat(1) to see if anything is bound to port 80, and look at
> firewall rules to see if something's blocking it before it gets there.

[13:41:19 root@little_boy: /etc/mail]# sockstat | grep 80
www      httpd      30322 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
www      httpd      30321 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
www      httpd      30320 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
www      httpd      30319 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
www      httpd      30318 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
root     httpd      30309 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*

Hrmm...seems to be bound to thr right ports???  I'm not sure how to =
check the firewall rules, as this machine is already behind a firewall.  =
Even so, wouldn't the http://localhost bypass any firewall stuff?

Randomly Generated Quote:
Useless Invention: Brown undershorts.

Mike Loiterman