Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:57:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Scott J. Ellentuch" <tuc@valhalla.stormking.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install - Proxy and FTP / id/pass

Hi,

	I'm to the point where I can do a proxy install, but I've
run into a problem.  My proxy needs an id/password.  I *THOUGHT*
I could do something like :

	ftp://proxid:proxpass@proxy.company.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.1-RELEASE

but it seems that either it isn't a correct syntax, or the install doesn't
REALLY honor the ftp URL.   Can someone confirm/deny this?

			Thanks, Tuc/TTSG
--
Scott J. Ellentuch, The Telecom Security Group/TTSG, Newburgh, NY
Visit our web site : http://www.ttsg.com/

"Over the UUCP link, out the ethernet, through the media converter, down
the fiber, off a router, down the 56K, past my ISP...nothing but Net" -
with poetic license from Dave Owen of IBM