Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 01:43:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      admin <admin@wtbwts.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   file table full

root is getting alot of messages about my file table being full. I don't
quite understand what kind of problem can cause this kind of error
message. The only possibility I see so far is a mailing program I've
written, but it doesn't use any files per se, it uses lipq (postgresql c
library) though.

I am using Freebsd 3.3-RELEASE, with the following ports installed:
apache+php+mod_ssl-1.3.9+3.0.12+2.4.2
postfix-19990906.02
postgresql-6.5.1

PS. I had an incendent a few weeks ago where a program of mine looped,
creating ~50,000 processes each of which created at least a file... I
tried to remove all the files I knew about, but how can I find a directory
which might have too many files?

Thanks in advance,
Marc