Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:55:21 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Digium b410p with i4b

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 11:26, Mikael Batard wrote:
> On 06.06.2007 09:16, Hans Petter Selasky wrote :
> > Thanks for the ID, I've added it to the SVN repo. Maybe you want to do a
> > "svn revert trunk/i4b/src/sys/i4b/layer1/ihfc2/i4b_hfc4s8s.h" then "svn
> > update".
>
> Thanks. Done ! :)
>
> > This entry should be under "double_clock" = 0.
>
> OK, why ?

It related to the X-tal used with the chip.

> > First you must ensure that you have set the correct protocol
> > using "isdnconfig". For example:
> >
> > isdnconfig -u 8 -p DRVR_DSS1_TE
>
> Yes I've already done that.
>
> > Then according to "man isdnconfig" it is also required to set
> > "pcm_master" mode before the card will operate. That is printed out in
> > the "dmesg". This is to avoid problems when you connect your HFC-4S to
> > another clock source.
> >
> > From "man isdnconfig":
> >
> >            isdnconfig -m 0 pcm_64 \
> >                       -m 1 pcm_64 \
> >                       -u 8 pcm_64 pcm_map 0 1 end pcm_master te_mode \
> >                                     -p DRVR_DSS1_TE \
> >                       -u 9 pcm_64 pcm_map 0 1 end pcm_master nt_mode \
> >                            power_on -p DRVR_DSS1_NT
>
> Already done too :)
>
> >> Asterisk 1.2.17, zaptel 1.4.1, libpri 1.4.0 and libpri-bristuff 1.2.3
> >> are installed.
> >> There are 2 other cards installed : 1 Digium TDM400p (with 2 FXO ports)
> >> and 1 Passive ISDN BRI card (which works perfectly except for echo
> >> cancellation).
> >
> > You need to use "chan_capi" from the SVN repo, and not "zaptel", to get
> > the ISDN cards detected under Asterisk. Also I4B has a new Fast Fourier
> > Transform Based Acoustic Echo Canceller. Did you try that?
>
> Didn't try yet, how does it work ?
>
> In fact I'm already using chan_capi from svn repo with capi.conf.
> Zaptel is only used for the TDM400p card (2 FXO).

In the file:

/usr/src/sys/i4b/include/i4b_global.h

You can set:

#define I4B_ECHO_CANCEL_P_COMPLEX  (9)

to 10, to cancel more of the far echo. After changing this variable you have
to recompile the kernel.

Use "isdnconfig -u 8 -c 1 dump_ec" and "isdnconfig -u 8 -c 2 dump_ec" to dump
the Echo Cancel FIR filter directly to Matlab or Octave.

> My capi.conf (ISDN1 = Passive ISDN BRI, ISDN2 = Digium B410P):
>
> [general]
>
> nationalprefix=0
> internationalprefix=00
> rxgain=0.8
> txgain=0.8
> alaw=yes
>
> [ISDN1]
>
> isdnmode=msn
> incomingmsn=*
> controller=0
> group=1
> softdtmf=1
> relaxdtmf=on
> accountcode=
> context=capi-in
> holdtype=local
> echocancel=yes
> echosquelch=no
> devices=2
> dtmf_generate=yes
>

> [ISDN2]
>
> isdnmode=MSN
> incomingmsn=*
> controller=8
> group=1
> softdtmf=0
> relaxdtmf=off
> accountcode=
> context=capi-in
> holdtype=local
> echocancel=yes
> echosquelch=no
> devices=2

Config looks OK.

You might want to use "bridge=yes" if you want that calls should be bridged in
hardware on the HFC-4S.

--HPS