Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:42:22 -0400
From:      Michael Rasile <keeper@neo.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Bootloader

Greetings!
Thanks to all who responded with suggestions as to how to install=
bootloader. Well, nothing is working. I have WinXP on my first=
 hard
drive. I have installed FreeBSD 4.7 on the second hard drive.=
 It's
installed,but the part of the install that should install the
bootmanager needs to be rewritten, IMHO. Sorry to say this, but=
 Linux
does the bootloader much better. I find the instructions very
confusing. I really want to give Free BSD a chance, but if I=
 can't
get it to load with the boot loader, then it doesn't matter. So,=
 is
there any way I can install a bootloader on the WinXP drive=
 without
reinstalling FreeBSD. Does no good to reinstall because it's=
 always
the same problem. I've checked the docs, the mailing lists, but=
 with
no specific answer. Somebody needs to clarify the boot loader=
 install
for people like me. :-)
Thanks for anything, except "get it right, stupid." :-)))))

Regards,
Mike
keeper@neo.rr.com