Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:05:47 +0100
From:      "John McLaughlin" <John.McLaughlin@Acucobol.IE>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   bash 1.14.7 Sig 11 on FreeBSD 2.2-970422-RELENG

Hi all,

	Not sure if this belongs on hardware, but it did involve a sig
11, so...

	Basically, bash dumped core on the above when just installed
from the standard 2.2 packages, which haven't been updated for the
snap (or hadn't last Friday anyway). Pulling over the source and
recompiling made the problem go away, and a kernel compile worked
fine, which leads me to suspect the packages may need recompiling.

	The hardware is:

	ExpertBoard i430VX motherboard
	16Mb EDO RAM
	Tekram 390F SCSI adaptor
	2.1 Gb Quantum Fireball
	Genius NE2000 compatible network card.

	Which has worked fine in a number of other machines that I've
configured

	Has anybody else come across this problem with bash or any of
the other packages, or does it sound more like bas SIMMs? Could anyone
suggest a means of testing the RAM to some *reasonable* extent?

Regards,