Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2019 22:05:23 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Can't get graphical desktop environment on FBSD12

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 21:50:55 +0200, Michael Schuster wrote:
> Perhaps this is outdated: I seem to remember having to enable something in
> /etc/ttys... Maybe that's still the case?

No, this isn't needed for desktop environments that have their
own _enable flag for /etc/rc.conf (same for display managers).
In ye olden days, /etc/ttys contained a line like

	ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/xdm -nodaemon"   xterm   on   secure

to start xdm. Things like gdm or slim do not require this anymore.
And probably nobody (except maybe me) uses xdm nowadays... ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany