Date:        Sun, 28 Nov 1999 09:46:14 -0800
From:      "Will Downs" <willd@telusplanet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Soundblaster AWE 32

Thanks in advance...

I have just updated to Freebsd Release 3.3.

I'm having difficulty configuring a soundblaster AWE 32, which I require to
complete my installation.

The soundblaster is configured with the following setting under DOS.

IO 0x220 irq 5 dma 1 & 5 mpu 0x330

My kernel is configure with the following settings..

controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

When I boot the system I get the following ..
/kernel: CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL009c [0x9c008c0e] Serial 0x100330
0c Comp ID: PNP0600 [0x0006d041]

/kernel: sb_reset_dsp failed
/kernel: sb0 not found at 0x220
/kernel: sb_reset_dsp failed
/kernel: sbxvi0 not found
/kernel: sbmidi0 not found at 0x330

I searched the freebsd-questions archive before posting here and I found the
following...

> Boot with the '-c' option to get into the kernel configuration utility.
> Then enter these lines at the config> prompt:
>
> config> pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5 port1 0x330
port2 0x388
> config> pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x201
> config> pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20

These configurations allows my sound card to be detected, however I'm not
able to use the device when the system comes up. Also, It is not pernament.
Everytime the system reboots I must enter these commands.

Here is what happens when the system boots with these commands..

CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL009c [0x9c008c0e] Serial 0x1003300c Comp ID: PNP0600
[0x0006d041]
Warning: LDN 2 does not exist
Warning: LDN 2 does not exist

sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16>
sbxvi0 at drq 5 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>

I am uncertain what the " LDN 2 does not exist " error means.

Is there a way i could make these changes stay in the kernel ?

How do I configure this device to work properly ?

Thank you very much...