Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:54:22 -0800
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        cokane@cokane.org
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

Coleman Kane wrote:
> Well, I would be interested in working on this project. I've done a
> good deal of background work on this over the past month. I am
> guessing that the tunables will be provided throught hw.cpu.N now? Is
> there a location (project page, etc.) for our freebsd cpufreq system?

The sysctls are dev.cpu.X.freq.  For now, you'll only ever see a
dev.cpu.0.freq and changes to it will be made to all processors.  (I'm
still improving MP support but that's how it will be.)  In the future,
once the hardware drivers are improved to support independent MP
frequencies, the framework can easily be updated to export the sysctls
on all cpus.  This change is about 10 lines of code.

Info about the framework is in the cpufreq(4) man page.  The acpi
projects page is where work is currently being noted.  I haven't updated
it recently though but once I get the next round of commits in, I will.

--
Nate