Date:      Sun, 03 Sep 2000 23:49:13 +0200
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Increasing network performance

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 01:50:21PM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> This sounds an awful lot like your cards aren't negotiating full/half
> duplex properly, check the manpage for ifconfig and make sure that if
> you have a hub that it's set to half on all your computers and if
> it's a switch it should be full-duplex.

Talking about performance - what type of performance can I expect to
see when two machines are connected using 100Mbps full-duplex
switch (assuming all are full-duplex of course)?

We're talking Celeron-300 machines here, if that matters and Windows
gets about 20Mbps (but of course, this may be due to small receive
window - I'm not sure).

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27