Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:01:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        Magnus Thulesius <magnus@quark.lu.se>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org, torsten@haxan.quark.lu.se, ulrik@haxan.quark.lu.se
Subject:   Re: Audio Video support for FreeBSD ?

On Fri, 17 Mar 1995, Magnus Thulesius wrote:

> What hardware is recommended for audio/video conferencing for FreeBSd 2.0 ?
>
>  - audio card

As I understand it VAT requires full-duplex audio, and only the GUS/PAS
driver does that?  I've not tried yet, but I did move my GUS from my
MS-DOG machine to my test FBSD machine last night...

>  - video (grabber card)

Does ANYONE have a frame grabber running on FreeBSD???  I have an Intel
Smart Video card; I tried to get Intel to part with programming
information but the techno-droid that I talked to told me it was their
"policy" that they only supported Windoze and they didn't give out
register information.  It promised the board's product manager-droid would
contact me, but after repeated attempts to followup (getting nowhere) I
gave up.   I also have a ComputerEyes/RT board; they sent (well,
sold...) me their developer's kit which I received yesterday; I plan to
see if I can get something working in the next few weeks (unless someone
else has already done so????? :{)

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |