Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 15:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        mark@seeware.DIALix.oz.au (Mark Hannon)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail.cf problem??

According to Mark Hannon:
> In article <199604101732.KAA05467@athena.tera.com>,
> 	kline@tera.com (Gary Kline) writes:
> >

> >		[[ my sendmail problems ... ]]

> Hi,
>
> Did anyone ever work out what was going on here??  I just upgraded
> from 2.1.0-RELEASE to -STABLE (with a new sendmail) and I am seeing
> the same problems as described above.  I have reinstalled the 2.1.0
> version of sendmail and everything is OK.  Ideas???
>
> My sendmail.mc:
>
> include(`../m4/cf.m4')
> VERSIONID(`@(#)uucpproto.mc	8.3 (Berkeley) 8/21/93')
> OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
>
> MASQUERADE_AS(seeware.DIALix.oz.au)dnl
>
> FEATURE(nodns)dnl
> FEATURE(notsticky)dnl
>
> MAILER(local)dnl
> MAILER(smtp)dnl
> MAILER(uucp)dnl
>
> define(`SMART_HOST', uucp-dom:melbourne)
>
> This has been working for close to a year without problems.
>
> Rgds/mark

		The problems in my configuration turned out to
		be a missing `local' set of several lines.  Not
		sure why/how, other than the sendmail.cf at my
		MX site was upgraded, modified.

		Can any of the sendmail wizards think of any
		reason that upgrading to 2.1 would ruin this
		gent's system?  Mark, can you back up to your
		old sendmail and sendmail.cf?  Or are there
		too many ancillary files and hooks to back up?

		gary kline