Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:10:05 -0800
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Freebsd Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Heads up: Poudriere changed default options dir

--eVlgmrm1iqm2v3h83oeGKtSROMWIk2DrN
From: Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To: Freebsd Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>

--iF3cJfqjOT6lmmPoR3kmpKoe8KArFauNn

On 11/14/2017 9:45 AM, Vlad K. wrote:
> On 2017-11-14 18:41, Vlad K. wrote:
>> List,
>>
>> before 3.2.0 Poudriere defined PORT_DBDIR with only
>> <jailname>-<setname>-options, which was apparently a bug. Now (in
>> 3.2.0) it honors -p option in the options command and includes ports
>> tree name (given to -p) in PORT_DBDIR.
>>
>=20
> I forgot to mention, this is the relevant commit, if I'm not mistaken:
>=20
> https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/commit/9082679feba8c12290bbd719df5=
d4512aa736167
>=20

It was in the release notes but subtle...
https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki/release_notes_32

I am going to tweak 'poudriere options' for 3.2.1 by checking if an
existing non-ports-tree dir already exists and having it ask if it
should use that one instead and suggest to not use -p, all before the
'mkdir -p' it does which causes bulk to get an empty option set on the
next run.

It's bitten quite a few people already, probably 6+ that I know of.  I
am tempted to just revert it but I think it is useful for some which is
why I'll go the interactive route (when in a TTY).

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery