Date:      Sat, 06 Jun 2009 19:07:36 +0300
From:      Bohdan Tymkiv <bohdan200@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/134557: [netgraph] [hang] 7.2 with mpd5.3 hanging up - ng_pptp problem

I can confirm this issue.
I have a FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE box with mpd 5.3 configured as PPPoE client
that connects to my ISP. If I make any PPTP VPN connection that goes
through this PPPoE link my server hangs. I made some investigations and
found that deadlock occurs only when pptp connection goes via pppoe
link, connection from local network works fine. Deadlock occurs exactly
when first data packet is sent through pptp connection. mpd can be
configured as server that listens on my external pppoe interface or it
can be configured as client that connects to other server in internet.
In both cases it hangs.
--
Bohdan Tymkiv <bohdan200@gmail.com>