Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:47:50 -0500
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldj1066@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OS-X utility

On Thursday 21 October 2004 08:26 pm, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> I recently bought a Brother HL-6050DN laser printer.  I fetched a
> file called brxhlmcups3c.dmg from Brother's site.  It's a file
> for Mac OS-X but it requires a "DIsk Utility".  I was wondering
> if anyone knew if FreeBSD had the same app by a different (or
> same) name, since Apple used FreeBSD as a base.
>
> I waiting on a reply from Brother, hoping they'll just send me
> the latest .ppd, which is all I'm wanting to get from this .dmg

Hi Steven,

I have a Brother HL1650 duplex laser printer. I have never been able
to get the ppd's from the Brother web site to work. I have to use
the ppd that works on WindowsXP. If you can find a Windows ppd for
your printer, try that. (Windows ppd, the shame of it)

Don

--
Donald J. O'Neill
donaldj1066@fastmail.fm