Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:27:20 +0700 (ALMST)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>, Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>, abial@webgiro.com, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SysctlFS

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Kelly Yancey wrote:

> > You might want to talk to Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@FreeBSD.org> as well.  I
> > know he has a nearly-finished implementation of sysctlfs lying around.
> >

>   Yes, and just as Kirk mentioned, I used kernfs as a reference :)
>   I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'll try and get something
> posted next week. I think others said recently that they had done similar
> work, also.

	Yes, I've wrote sysctlfs (scfs) just as an explorer for sysctl
name space and as very simple sample filesystem. Yesterday, it has been
modified to compile on recent -current. In addition, it demonstrates
(ab)use of VOP_GETEXTATTR().

	For those who interested: ftp://ftp.butya.kz/misc/scfs.tar.gz

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/