Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:13:43 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Jerry Rukavina <j.rukavina@attalin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Computers

On Apr 20, 2008, at 19:13, Jerry Rukavina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can=92t find any out of the box computers that have FreeBSD loaded. =20=

> Do you
> know which computer manufactures, both laptop and desktop, which can =20=

> run
> FreeBSD? Do you recommend any particular models or know of which =20
> ones are
> more highly regarded? What about support? I am a newbie and would =20
> need some
> handholding. I will be using the computer to run a small business =20
> and online
> research. I would need the regular suite of productivity tools, =20
> hopefully an
> open source. I would like to punt MS. Thanks.

I recently purchased 2 servers from abmx.com.  I was quite impressed =20
by the quality of the hardware installation.  I didn't have an OS =20
installed, but they do offer that for FreeBSD, as they were intended =20
from the start to run 7.0 which hadn't been released at that point.  I =20=

have not looked at any of their workstations as I didn't have a need =20
for that.=