Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:32:31 +1000
From:      "Murray Taylor" <murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <bill@carracing.com>
Subject:   RE: [OT] special feature in a windows mail client

We do exactly this function using several mailboxes on our
Cyrus IMAP server using MS Outlook Express (and it can probably be done
on Outlook 2000 which understands IMAP)

We established several accounts ie webmaster@bytecraftsystems.com, sales@
..., service@ ....
etc, and you then add these accounts to your ooutlook client..

Then when you are in the appropriate inbox, and send new mail the sender
appears to be
webmaster@... etc.  In fact you actually get a pull down list in the From
field
of the email being created, and you can choose "who to send as" on the fly,
so
you can send email as anyone you operate accounts for in the outlook client

Obviously you need access to the accounts via the usual account password
systems in order
to add the accounts to your outlook client in the first place.