Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 11:39:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail rules to eliminate .vbs files

I have seen some variations to stoping the email viruses by screening the
Subject line for example in my sendmail.cf I have the following:

HSubject:       $>Check_Subject
D{MPat}ILOVEYOU
D{MMsg}This message may contain the ILOVEYOU virus.

SCheck_Subject
R${MPat} $*          $#error $: 553 ${MMsg}
RRe: ${MPat} $*  $#error $: 553 ${MMsg}

I am wondering if there is a way to screen for the .vbs files attached
instead.  Thus blocking emails with attached .vbs files in the same way we
are blocking the subject line.  I have done some sendmail hacking before
but I am not sure if this would be possible via a ruleset.

Any suggestions or comments?

Chris

---
Christopher T. Griffiths