Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:54:58 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Courier Authentication problems - Anyone?

On Thursday 11 July 2002 01:35, Stephen Hovey wrote:
> one thing - /etc/passwd it not where the function getpw() gets it
> data, you made these accounts normally right? where they have the
> full record in /etc/master.passwd, and the db's were built?

Check! I used 'adduser'.

> > Should I try 'testpop3@perimeter.co.za' in userdb?
>
> My userdb does have them that way but then I set up for virtual
> hosting.

My mail client is configured to send the username part only (testpop3),=20
so I don't think that'll be my problem.  Mind you, if I get this=20
working I will probably start to use virtual accounts anyway.

> Also you have to run that makeuserdb, you need the resulting .dat
> files, and in the path its expected (I think /usr/local/etc)

Check!

I have been fighting with this since 8PM (I guess I should go to bed now=20
- it's 01:40 AM local time!), and I'm pretty sure I have checked and=20
double checked everything.  But obviously something is still amiss!

PS: I have also added 'perimeter.co.za' to 'me', 'esmtpacceptmailfor',=20
and 'locals', and then run 'makealiases'.  All to no avail :(

I'll check for more responses (later) in the morning.

Thanks Stephen.

--=20
Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly.