Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:37:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
Cc:        "'Bjarne Wichmann Petersen'" <mekanix@vip.cybercity.dk>, Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: KDE 2.0.1 refuses to compile.

All this trouble compiling KDE 2.0.1 is wierd. I cvsupped the ports tree
to make sure I was up-to-date, and then just went to /usr/ports/x11/kde2
and typed:

make

when that was done, I typed make install

Everything compiled and worked fine, except kdesu which has some problems,
there is a screensaver problem where when you're changing settings, some
processes don't get killed correctly which leads to you getting locked out
of your desktop, the logout button doesn't work from the panel or from
right-clicking the desktop, the sysguard app isn't ported to FreeBSD's kvm
stuff, the system monitor applet also isn't converted to FreeBSD's kvm
stuff... and certain random seg-faults occur. But even with the size of my
list of bugs and such, most of them have nothing to do with FreeBSD
... they are X and KDE bugs.

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|