Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:47:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul Seniura" <pdseniura@techie.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:    How can I get the Dollar Sign '$' to show in OPTIONS Makefile lists?

Hi,

I'm trying to be the maintainer for the net/tn3270 port.
I've filed a PR #72367 to bring in a new version called net/c3270
so we won't lose the original net/tn3270 for other users but
still have a working curses-based 3270 emulator for 5.3-Release.
In my PR, the shell-archive will create a new Makefile under the
ports/net/c3270 dir.  I'm using the OPTIONS= dialog to show all
the new customizable goodies.  If you look in my PR for this
Makefile, I'm not having any luck in showing the '$' for the
IND$FILE string on the FT line.  To whittle this down, the line:
   OPTIONS=  FT  "Include IND\$FILE support"  on
will still not show the '$' sign properly.  And I've tried all
kinds of iterations and \$ escapes and substitutions etc. etc. etc.
IND$FILE is the official name for this option, and it looks
totally funny without it, and misspelling it will be missed in
documentation searches and such.
Does anyone have a clue how to make a '$' show up there, please?
Thank you much,
  --  Paul Seniura.