Date:      Wed, 12 May 2010 19:09:24 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        captainhastings captainhastings <ccaptainhastings387@googlemail.com>
Cc:        questions-list freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ml110 g6

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM, captainhastings captainhastings
<ccaptainhastings387@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello I have bought an intel 110 g6 server with intel quad core cpu. It is a
> 64bit machine. Do I use the amd64 iso even though its intel ?

Quick answer: Sure.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/compatibility-processors.html

Longer answer:

FreeBSD has excellent documentation:

http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html

A good place to start is the Handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

Please don't hesitate to read it as you attempt to install and
configure FreeBSD and all of the wonderful additional software
available in the ports system. After you've successfully completed the
install, read it again -- and review :)

There is much to learn, but the journey is well worth it. Plus, I
believe you'll have a lot of FUN along the way...

Also, you probably want to check out the freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
mailing list, it's a great place to get information and answers
regarding "general" FreeBSD items and issues.

Good Luck!

-Brandon