Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:21:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   locale not supported...

I see the buzz is all about Word Perfect on the list at the moment,
but I think I have a StarOffice related question... I think.

I downloaded StarOffice a while back, but just 'the other' night
added the '.sd.csh' files that the StarOffice installation program
creates to my usual .login routine. Now, whenever I spawn a new
window, I get,

Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

This pops up no matter what I execute. My only recent changes to any
files that could cause this are the recent addition of '.sd.csh' to my
.login.

At least that is my guess. For some reason, I have the odd feeling the
line in .sd.csh that sets,

setenv LANG us

Is the cause of the problem... but I seem to have lost my train of
though on why that is (too many beers this evening trying to forget
an entire day of trying to recover a crashed HD on a IRIX system).

Is the '.sd.csh' the cause of the locale problems? Is there a repair
to this that both StarOffice and the OS/X will like? Why is 'locale'
not supported? :)

This is at the moment a minor annoyance, but if it will save me grief
later (I _wish_ I would have had the guts to tell those guys at work
to do daily backups once that HD showed potential of being flaky), I'd
like to get this figured out now. Thanks in advance for help.