Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2016 10:25:57 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@blogreen.org>
To:        freebsd-mono@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maintaining ports and mono

--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:08:05AM -0700, Russell Haley wrote:
> I have expressed interest in helping maintain mono on FreeBSD but have
> moved away due to lack of interest and support. Currently someone has
> ported more recent versions of Mono (Romain I think?), but MonoDevelop
> is somewhat out of date. I had patches to build MonoDevelop with
> Rolsyn but couldn't get the MonoDevelop github repos to work with
> FreeBSD ports so I gave up after multiple requests for help on both
> this mailing list and the FreeBSD forum.

I have locally updated Mono to the latests 4.4 but it broke a few ports.
I am investigating this.

Regarding Monodevelop, the build depends on NuGet which I could not
build on FreeBSD, and AFAICR the referenceassemblies-pcl for which no
source code is available=E2=80=A6  Including such dependencies in the ports=
 tree
seems unacceptable.

--=20
Romain Tarti=C3=A8re <romain@FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romai=
n/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)
(plain text =3Dnon-HTML=3D PGP/GPG encrypted/signed e-mail much appreciated)

--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp

--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp--