Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:49:09 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
To:        Jay O'Brien <jayobrien@att.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD - questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mount point problem

--n0t7pLec3q0yZKtb

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 12:39:24AM -0700, Jay O'Brien wrote:
> I've changed the mount point for devices; i.e., ad0s1g=20
> was /usr and now I want ad0s1f to mount on boot as /usr.=20
>=20
> I can't seem to get anywhere with disklabel editor in=20
> single-user mode. It errors out; device busy. When I=20
> start diskeditor again, mount points are shown as <none>.=20
>=20
> I'm sure I'm overlooking a very basic issue, and I could=20
> sure use some guidance.
>=20
> Jay O'Brien
> Rio Linda, CA USA

The disklabel doesnt' specify the mount point for partitions, it simply
describes the size and number of partitions.  Edit the file /etc/fstab
to direct init how/where to mount your various partitions that the
disklabel describes.  The disklabel editor that is part of sysinstall
asks about a mount point because it will usually need to automatically
mount your partitions during a new install.

Nathan
--=20
PGP Public Key: pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0xD8527E49

--n0t7pLec3q0yZKtb

--n0t7pLec3q0yZKtb--