Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:48:19 -0500
From:      Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley-186-113.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alleged "read-only" partition preventing ccd

Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley-186-113.res.iastate.edu> wrote:

} Unfortunately, when I try to dd the existing partition to the mirroring
} location (raw device to raw device) in single-user mode, dd(1) only writes
} 512 bytes and then claims that the destination partition is read-only.
} However, I can write a new file system to that partition, mount it, create
} files, etc.  I can even dd the character devices, but it takes about half an
                                 ^^^^^^^^^

Argh, this should say "block"  ------+

} hour and then the CCD won't mount.  If it would help, I can do that to get
} the exact error message, but I do not have time right now.

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, ICEMT
mystify@friley-186-113.res.iastate.edu	| SE Lab - 1117 Black Engineering
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~oz/	| http://www.icemt.iastate.edu/