Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2018 23:58:24 +0800
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Joras <mjoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Marcelo Araujo <araujo@freebsd.org>, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>,  Joe Maloney <jmaloney@ixsystems.com>, ken@ixsystems.com, Martin Wilke <miwi@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Warren Block <wblock@freebsd.org>, Kris Moore <kmoore@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenRC on FreeBSD
References:  <397FBAFF-2575-4AE4-B2BC-2DFDA769040A@FreeBSD.org> <CANCZdfp%2BQXngCRqevXT%2BDKgQj1S276PdpvqyZpiuOC%2BvMAP24A@mail.gmail.com> <7BBA9943-7CA1-4349-9B48-1641BA11FCA3@FreeBSD.org> <CANCZdfoFXjx_dEW-8CkAB5Wq1=H806jJeoLAStVWcJ=ErcHm0A@mail.gmail.com> <CAOfEmZh4RHCkfSsxNGjtg%2BSa6CowgGSTntkicd0Ny4g=m5n0Og@mail.gmail.com> <CADdTf%2BhbUywEuAKoRjySp9G=_D1Bw3JYsryF1DTOydBZDrousg@mail.gmail.com>

Em qua, 19 de dez de 2018 =C3=A0s 23:55, Matt Joras <mjoras@freebsd.org>
escreveu:

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018, 9:49 AM Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
>> Em qua, 19 de dez de 2018 =C3=A0s 23:02, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
>> escreveu:

>> > No. The missing bit is an articulated plan. While that minor sub-issue
>> may
>> > be resolved, I see no plan for integration into the tree. Unless the
>> plan
>> > is 'commit the review in one big push' which really isn't a viable pla=
n.
>> > There are problems with the review (it's too large to be successful, a=
nd
>> > has issues that need to be discussed in a less massively huge
>> environment).
>> > This isn't what the working group's conclusion would be the next steps=
.
>> The
>> > FCP I provided feedback on died. It was a good start on a plan, but wa=
>> > just dropped with my feedback completely ignored.
>> >

>> Hi Warner,
>>
>> I have asked miwi@ to keep that huge patch on the review because of the
>> lack of coordination and discussion between different groups and also
>> because there is not a clear plan how to bring OpenRC into FreeBSD. So i=
>> that way people could try the patch easily without chasing different ope=
>> reviews, and to be honest, without further discussion regarding to how t=
he
>> transition would happens between rcd and OpenRC, there is nothing much t=
>> review there.
>>

> Just making a small suggestion here, does our Phabricator support
> "stacked" diffs? That is the defacto way for a group of diffs on
> Phabricator to be logically grouped so they are easy to navigate and revi=
ew
> separately.

It does support Parent and Child reviews.