Date:      Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:53:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=C3=B8rgaard?= <norgaard@math.ku.dk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dead disk? READ_DMA Failure

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Erik N=C3=B8rgaard wrote:

> The system: FreeBSD 5.4, Epia Mini-ITX CL1000, 256MB RAM, 60 GB
> HDD.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in the original post, I have
no monitor for my computer, I use it as a server. So I installed
the disk in my laptop which is Intel/sis based, and still
experienced the problem.

I recall also seeing WRITE_DMA failure but I am not sure.

I will order a new disk *sigh 5 days* and if I manage to bring
life to the old one I will have a spare...

Thanks for your advice so far.

Cheers, Erik