Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:36:00 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: glade - aclocal... missing and more

On 19 Jun 2002 00:15:40 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 23:08, Randy Pratt wrote:
> > I installed glade (with all required gnome parts) from the ports
> > tree(updated within the past 2 weeks). Glade runs and builds the
> > code, but I can't seem to get the autogen.sh to generate a Makefile
> > so that I can compile the code.  These are the errors I see:
> >
> > ./autogen.sh
> >
> > **Error**: You must have `autoconf' installed to compile the
> > package.. Download the appropriate package for your distribution,
> > or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/
> >
> > **Error**: You must have `automake' installed to compile the
> > package.. Get ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake-1.3.tar.gz
> > (or a newer version if it is available)
> >
> > I reviewed my glade build log and noticed things like this in
> > multiple places:
> >
> > checking for working aclocal... missing
> > checking for working autoconf... missing
> > checking for working automake... missing
> > checking for working autoheader... missing
> >
> > It appears the autogen.sh script is looking for things that have
> > been renamed to other things (automake-->automake14,
> > autoconf-->autoconf213, etc.)  Did I miss setting a variable
> > somewhere or have I forgotten how to use glade?
>
> When those ports were repo-copied, new, more recent, ports were added.
>
> Try installing /usr/ports/devel/automake and
> /usr/ports/devel/autoconf, and see if things improve.  Remember to
> build your glade projects with gmake!

Thanks, that helped a great deal.  The autogen.sh now finds the above
missing items.  However, its still is failing to complete the initial
configurations.  Here are some excerpts:

processing .
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file config.rpath
Not copying intl/ directory.                                   <-----
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
Copying file po/Makevars.template
<cut>
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Makefile.am:3: required directory ./intl does not exist         <-----
automake: configure.in: installing `./depcomp'
<cut>
config.status: creating intl/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: intl/Makefile.in  <-----

Do I need to force an upgrade for all the glade components
and dependencies to correct for the previously missing automake and
autoconf?

Thanks again,

Randy