Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:29:56 +0100
From:      David Taylor <davidt@yadt.co.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: testig  request for your code..

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Julian Elischer wrote:
> If you can try a kernel from JUST before the KSE integration..
>=20
> that migh talso be a good test..
>=20

A kernel from cvs up -D2001-09-10 works perfectly,
A kernel from after the KSE milestone 2 produces various panics
like the following:

                    (find .; running on ntfs partition)
                      |                      (sleep; god knows where)
                      |                      (       it came from   )
                      v                                v
panic: lockmgr: pid 30856, not exclusive lock holder 30814 unlocking.

backtrace:

panic
lockmgr
vop_stdunlock
ntfs_inactive
vput
lstat

Unfortunately, gdb -k kernel.X vmcore.X is still coring on startup, so I
can't get any more info, unless someone has something they want me to do at
the DDB prompt.

--=20
David Taylor
davidt@yadt.co.uk