Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 12:57:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@tribe.com>
To:        marc@Physik.Uni-Wuerzburg.DE
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD != 4.4BSD ???

> So I expected to have no such problems. But a look into the sources
> (I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.0-950726-SNAP) and a small test program (just
> logging 16k of `x' ... core!) tells me that I must have something
> misunderstood. Seems that FreeBSD isn't produced totally out of the
> 4.4BSD Sources? Or do I over-interpret Eric's article?

This doesn't answer your question, but FreeBSD 2.0.5 does include
the functions

	snprintf()
	vsnprintf()

which are to sprintf() like strncpy() is to strcpy(). Is this what
Eric is talking about? Perhaps someone just needs to add a patch.

-Archie

Archie L. Cobbs, archie@tribe.com  *  Tribe Computer Works http://www.tribe.com