Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:53:20 +1300
From:      Mark Ibell <marki@paradise.net.nz>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Mars Attack <marsattack@cannoncreek.com>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, Helge Oldach <Helge.Oldach@de.origin-it.com>, oberman@es.net, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disk I/O problem in 4.3-BETA

What doesn't appear to have been mentioned is how exactly do we turn off
write caching on SCSI drives. From poking around the best I could work
out was to run 'camcontrol modepage da0 -m 0x08 -e -P 3' and set WCE to
0 where 0x08 comes from /usr/share/misc/scsi_modes.

Is this the correct way to do it?
Also, is it okay to leave tagged queuing enabled? (I'm really starting
to get paranoid after all this discussion!)

Cheers,
Mark