Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:11:16 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows Refund Day Press Reports: Linux, Linux, Linux

Unfortunately, the very thing I expected to happen DID happen: the
"Linux faithful" appear to have made sure that FreeBSD was not mentioned
in news coverage of the event. The following articles mentioned Linux
exclusively:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_279000/279926.stm
http://www.zdnet.com/zdtv/zdtvnews/ (See February 15th early and late news reports)
http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/cte395.htm
http://www.mercurycenter.com/svtech/news/breaking/ap/docs/148082l.htm

This one happened to mention OS/2 (follow the link from the "news burst" to
the main article):

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/filters/bursts/0,3422,2209061,00.html

This one actually mentioned FreeBSD, but only as one of a laundry list of
operating systems:

http://www.mercurycenter.com/svtech/news/breaking/reuters/docs/146260l.htm

In short, the FreeBSD users who joined the group were represented to the
press by the organizers as being Linux enthusiasts.

This is what I was concerned about. The FreeBSD supporters who attended were
taken for a ride.

--Brett Glass