Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:33:43 -0600
From:      Joe Guetler <joe@axiomadvertising.com>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dropping off the face of the earthI have

You know...I had the exact same problem....all of a sudden one day the network
interface went down.  I would do the ifconfig down and up thing and it would work
fine for about 1-3 days.  Thought it might have been my NIC and brought in some
spares from home, but before I could get them in the BIND advisory came out and I
cvsuped to the lastest source.  Been up 16 days straight since (knock on wood).

Joe Guetler