Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:49:16 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Fedor Gubarev <Fedor.Gubarev@itep.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with KOI8-R encoding...

Hi, world !
Surely, something goes wrong on my machine (FreeBSD-2.2.5-9710015-BETA),
but it seems that this problem has common origin. Trying to make up
the Russian localization ( as described in Handbook) I encounter the
following:
Nothing is bad during booting -- no one warning message, all fonts are
loaded, keychange surely works.
And everything is OK until I am switching the keyboard.
After pressing "Caps Lock" (default RUS/LAT switcher)
and trying to type anything on sysconsole I get something like
 ":\305\317\301\313\323" .... etc.

Does anybody knows what's the reason ?

 Thanks in advance, Fedor.