Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:08:32 -0000
From:      "Dan" <longterm@pdx.chatusa.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Routing where can I ask a wirless routing question freebsd

Hello,

In using FreeBsd 5.2.1-Release I am running into some trouble. I have =
successfully recompiled the kernel with support for atheros based =
wireless cards. I have also been able to setup the card into access =
point "Hostap" mode correctly. I have tried the bridging recommend in =
the FreeBSD wireless setup at =
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireles=
s.html but was unsuccessful. I have configured the wireless adapter with =
it's own subnet of ip's one for the actual box and the rest client ip''. =
The subnet is not the same as the one on the wireless adapter. When I =
enable bridge mode as dicussed in the link above, I can ping the ip =
allocated to the ethernet adapter and the one allocated to the wireless =
adapter when wirelessly connected to the freebsd box, but when the =
bridging is disabled I can only ping the ip assigned to the wireless =
adapter in the machine when wirelessly connected. When I ssh to the box =
either with bridging on or off to the wireless ip on the machine I can =
ping google.com and other common web sites. I need help trying to route =
the adapted and client ip's to the internet.

Dan