Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:45:23 -0500
From:      ".:PBS:. Medik" <Medik@pbsclan.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Question

Hello, My name is Marc.
I'll explain quickly my situation, some time ago I had downloaded
freeBSD4.6.2 R (about 2 yrs ago)
I still have it today and proceeded to reinstalling it. I realize I should
have grabbed the latest release, but alas for some reason I can't through
my router. Yes I'm running a private network on windows, (for the time
being until I can adequately configure freebsd as a server).

When I had gotten my first copy of freebsd (this release in question) I had
taught myself how to use it. but this is over 2 yrs ago, and lots have
melted away since. So in essence I'm again labelled a newbie. I tried
re-building my kernel and was forced to reinstall the generic kernel,
further more, I would also like to be able to install the Apache web
server, I managed to get the Apache_1.3.33 but for some reason it wont
compile (make), I have assumed that perhaps it was already compiled and
tried to do a config or an install to it and still nothing.. what am I
doing wrong?

Yes I have already literally downloaded and printed several man pages on
multiple topics (over 180 pages worth)
and I still can't make heads or tails from it. I assume your time is
limited as mine is, I'm a business owner with little time to dedicate to my
personal project and I don't have anyone knowledgeable enough on hand to
get any personal help. My question is this, would it be at all possible to
have a form of 1 on 1 to resolve this issue?

I await your response eagerly.
Thank you greatly for any help you can provide.

Marc