Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good Lord, Commercial Linux

Hi Jim Bryant;  On 30-Sep-97 you wrote:

>  simon, this is where i draw the line...  vi is pure unadulterated
>  evil.  EMACS is the only true editor :^]
>
>  Emacs makes the sun shine.
>  Emacs makes the birds sing.
>  Emacs makes the grass grow green.
>
>  [just stating fact, not trying to start a holy war]

I resisted vi until the late 80's.  Used ed, and something tcalled ``the
Rand E editor''.  Then used vi, then SAM from Plan9 for the longest time.
Could not stomach the idea that a text editor consumes 600 times the disk
space my first home computer did (Heathkit H8).

Trying to adjust to KNF made me, reluctuntly switch to xemacs.  Justin gave
me some .emacs scripts that (hopefully) make the code presentable.  If you
know of another (better) whatchamagig to help me, please let me know
(Justin claims to be a vi man).

---

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313