Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:39:58 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
Subject:   Re: update bacula-server 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3, Undefined symbol "ASN1_INTEGER_it

On 2010-09-19 08:20, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> FreeBSD 7.3-STABLE #0: Tue Sep  7 22:46:59 CEST 2010
> peo@candyman.i.inter-sonic.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> Portupgrade of bacula-server 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3
>
> Starting bacula_fd.
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libbac.so.5: Undefined symbol
> "ASN1_INTEGER_it"
> Starting bacula_sd.
> Starting bacula_dir.
>
> If one deselects "OPENSSL" and recompile bacula-fd will start without
> complaints.
>
> Is this a known issue with 5.0.3?

No, can you provide me some more details.

First make sure if you have both bacula-server and bacula-client installed
on the same machine both are build with(out) ssl support.

Both ports install libs with the same name to the same place, but if the
client is build/installed first "with SSL support", and then the server
without SSL support you can see exact the described issue.

--
Regards,
olli