Date:      Sat, 03 May 2003 22:14:44 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bruce@cran.org.uk
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wicontrol -t 5 => typo in message

In message: <20030504031423.GA5593@fourtytwo.brucec.backnet>
            Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk> writes:
: On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 07:03:16PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > This has already been fixed.  mediaopt is how it is spelled in the
: > sources I just looked at.
: >
:
: Do the wireless options in ifconfig have the same effect as those in wicontrol?

Yes.

: I was having trouble in -CURRENT getting the card into adhoc mode -
: 'ifconfig wi0 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt adhoc' would show the card (through
: ifconfig wi0) in adhoc mode, but wicontrol

This places it into ibss mode.

: would still show it in mode 1, infrastructure.  Clients
: could only connect when I ran 'wicontrol wi0 -p 3' and although it says
: it's obsolete, the card now works.

You may need to say 'mediaopt adhoc,link0' to get the full effects of
-p 3 on some hardware.