Date:      Wed, 7 May 2014 15:50:00 GMT
From:      Mathieu <sigsys@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-pf@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/188063: deadlock between syncache(4) and pf(4)

The following reply was made to PR kern/188063; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mathieu <sigsys@gmail.com>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 11:45:39 -0400

 On 3/29/2014 7:10 PM, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org wrote:
 > Thank you very much for your problem report.
 > It has the internal identification `kern/188063'.
 > The individual assigned to look at your
 > report is: freebsd-bugs.
 >
 > You can access the state of your problem report at any time
 > via this link:

 >> Category:       kern
 >> Responsible:    freebsd-bugs
 >> Synopsis:       deadlock between syncache(4) and pf(4)
 >> Arrival-Date:   Sat Mar 29 23:10:00 UTC 2014

 Well, turns out this was caused by pf(4) "user" rules.  It's been about
 a month since I removed them and the server has been running without
 deadlocking since then.

 Looks like the "workaround" mentioned in the pf(4) manpage isn't totally
 safe on 9.X.