Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 02:22:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      User Measl <measl@greeves.mfn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lpd/lpr problems

Greetings...

	I have a printer hooked up to a 2.2.5R box.  Since this
printer needs crlf rather than just lf, I wrote a filter and
compiled it down.  If I lptest | crlffilter > /dev/lpt0, all is
well, the output is perfect.  BUT...

	No matter what I do to printcap, if I use lpr, the output
consists of 11 characters (probably an attempt to place the word
"root" on the page) on the first page, thus:

			t			t
						r rrr  oooo  o

All pages which follow this first one are blank.

I have tried specifying this filter as both "if" and "of",
and am now at a loss.  This particular box was running NT
this morning, with all hardware untouched, including the
printer (so I *know* it's ok!).

Help.

TIA
J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org

("Not *quite* on the bleeding edge: just bleeding...)