Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:10:07 -0500
From:      "Stephane Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        "John Polstra" <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: gas pseudo-ops

Thanks for the answer!

Do you think it would be possible to change the
	.type <symbol>,@object
for
	.type <symbol>,object
in gensetdef? By looking in the gas code I found that the assembler just
ignores the @ character.

The reason I ask this is because by default, the @ character is used by the
ARM assembler to represent
begin of comments. GCC/GAS could be hacked to avoid doing this but in the
long run I think it would be
easier just to remove the @ character.

If I remember correctly it could be changed to `#object' or `%object' too
but this could cause the same
problem as with the @ character for other assemblers.

P.S.: Sorry for the lack of diff, I'm currenty at work and don't have access
to the source code

Steph

--
Stephane E. Potvin