Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:03:10 +0200
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>
To:        Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Subject:   Re: New freeze with 3.2-RELEASE (SMP and audio)!!

----------

Hello!

It seems not so easy as mentioned in my first mail, still total
freezes! I just trying another kernel ......

Any ideas, comments on my kernel config file are wellcome!

 > Hi!
 >
 > Sorry for warming this up, but migration from 3.1-R to 3.2-R, from
 > source was a horor trip!
 >
 > However, after having a stable system now, I can tell you the reaseon:
 >
 > It was like in 3.0, too (you remember the thread) a problem with the
 > audio driver under SMP. The soundcard is a Soundblaster AWE 32 (ISA).
 >
 > My 3.1-R system was rock solid, with SMP and audio. I use the same
 > kernel config file for 3.2-R, and here the machine locks up without
 > any visible reason. After fiddle a littel bit with diferent configs
 > and different kernel configuration, all leads to the sound driver
 > (voxware). I also tried the last OSS version, but after loading the
 > module during install the machine locks up.
 >
 > I append my kernel config file, the kernel.config file and the
 > dmesg output. New since 3.2-R is the output "AWE32 not detected".
 >
 > Is there anybody out there with running a SB AWE32 on an 3.2-R
 > machine with SMP?

Regards

Lars
--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Koeller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin