Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:39:44 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?B?R/xudGhlciBEYXJ3aW4=?= <infernal_crackwhore@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Init can't exec /bin/sh for /etc/rc

Hi, I was running the buildkernel command when the computer suddenly froze
and the only option i had was a 'hard reset' unfortunatley it wasn't all
trouble free this time. When i try to start FreeBSD
I get the message: Init can't exec /bin/sh for /etc/rc Exec format error.

I have tried to boot into Multiuser mode, with this error message
i have tried to boot into singeuser mode, with the same error message
i have tried to boot into failsafe mode with the same error message
i have tried to clean all my partions with fsck -y (in Fixit# mode), with
the same error message
i have checked that sh is where it's supposed to be (ls /bin/sh)
i have tried smashing my head against the wall with the same error message

Any suggestions?

Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/