Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:27:48 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <mike@ascendency.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache built correctly?

<mailto:lowell@be-well.no-ip.com> wrote:

> > "Mike Loiterman" <mike@ascendency.net> writes:

> >> Well I telnet to 80 and it just says refused:
> >>
> >> [02:22:47 root@little_boy: /etc/mail]# telnet localhost 80 Trying
> >> 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
> >> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
> >
> > Ah.  So you *can't* telnet into port 80.  That's different.
> > Use sockstat(1) to see if anything is bound to port 80, and look at
> > firewall rules to see if something's blocking it before it gets there.
>
> [13:41:19 root@little_boy: /etc/mail]# sockstat | grep 80
> www      httpd      30322 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
> www      httpd      30321 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
> www      httpd      30320 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
> www      httpd      30319 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
> www      httpd      30318 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
> root     httpd      30309 3  tcp6   *:80                  *:*
>
> Hrmm...seems to be bound to thr right ports???  I'm not sure how to check
the firewall rules, as this machine is already behind a firewall.  Even so,
wouldn't the http://localhost bypass any firewall stuff?

It's bound to the right ports, but it's only listening on the IPv6
address -- not the IPv4 address.  I'm not sure what the fix for this is, but
this has been discussed on the list recently -- check the archives.

--
Matt Emmerton