Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:28:56 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Linuxulator on -current now supports RH 6.0

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 10:29:50AM +0200, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Christopher Masto wrote:
>
> > linux_base installs fine, the stuff in /compat/linux/bin all runs
> > fine, as does WordPerfect.  StarOffice 5.1 just dumps core (bus
> > error).  I wiped it out and tried to reinstall.. the setup program
> > does the same thing.  Any ideas?
>
> It may be possible that SO 5.1 doesn't work with glibc2.1. This kind of
> information can best be found on the stardivision and/or redhat sites. If
> you find anything, let us know. If I had any time left, I would have looked
> it up myself...

I looked at that last night and they say specifically that 5.1 does
work.. 5.0 did not.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/